Founded in 1992, Sibbett Gregory has developed with a clear plan to provide a wide range of specialist property services across Dorset and beyond. Our philosophy is to provide clients with a comprehensive approach to achieving solutions to their property needs, our Building Surveying team forming an integral part of this service. Due to increasing workload, we require an additional Building Surveyor to assist our existing Building Surveying team within our successful Commercial Practice.
Graduate or newly qualified surveyor required in our busy Building Consultancy department.
The successful candidate will assist our Senior Building Surveyors in undertaking a wide range of interesting work in the Residential, Commercial, and Industrial sectors. Full APC support and training will be provided to the successful candidate if required, to enable career progression to full RICS (MRICS) membership.
Typical duties shall include:
- Contract administration & Employers Agent Project supervision roles
- Undertaking Building Inspections (Building Surveys, Measured Surveys, Dilapidations inspections etc.)
- Preparing Building Survey / Condition reports
- Preparing Schedules of Condition and Dilapidations and assisting with Negotiations
- Preparation of AutoCAD drawings for Planning and Building Regulations applications
- Service of Party Wall Notices and negotiation / preparation of Party Wall Awards
- Preparation, checking, and reporting of Tenders for building work
- Preparing detailed Specifications of Work
- Fulfilling Principal Designer role & preparing Pre-construction H&S information
- Assisting our Planning Department with preparation and submission of Planning Applications
- Providing building cost advice including re-instatement valuations for insurance purposes
The successful candidate shall possess a wide range of skills and attributes including:
- Detailed knowledge of current applicable legislation / statutes
- Excellent IT skills, including a good working knowledge of AutoCAD (or equivalent), MS Office, MS Outlook etc.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good planning, programming and prioritising skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Full driving license and own transport, willingness to travel when necessary.
The successful candidate will receive:
- Competitive salary (dependant on experience)
- Workplace pension
- Company paid APC and RICS subscription fees
- Company paid formal Continual Professional Development (CPD)
- Mileage allowance and paid parking provision
- Mobile phone allowance
- Full support throughout the APC process.
- Excellent career progression opportunities
The Candidate should ideally be newly qualified (MRICS) or hold an RICS accredited degree (or equivalent), with at least 2 years APC experience working within in a commercial Building Surveying environment.
Candidates holding suitable HNC/HND qualifications with at least 2 years suitable Building Surveying experience will also be considered if a willingness to progress their career can be demonstrated.
Sibbett Gregory © 2019. All Rights Reserved | Sibbett Gregory is the trading name of Sibbett Gregory Wright and Coles Limited and is registered in England & Wales No. 4109056 | Regulated by RICS
Website Design Dorset
Good Design Works