Harbour View Crematorium, Corfe Mullen
In 2010 Sibbett Gregory together with architects, Western Design obtained planning permission for a chapel and meeting room with basement in the Green Belt at Harbour View Burial Ground.
- In 2012, Sibbett Gregory, obtained planning permission to provide a crematory within the basement of the chapel.
- The Council’s decision was challenged in the High Court. So began a 4 year battle to realise the Applicant’s vision.
- The Council submitted to judgement in the High Court and the Applicants on the advice of Sibbett Gregory decided to submit a fresh application.
- In the 2014, in spite of an officer recommendation the Committee resolved to refuse the resubmitted application.
- The Applicants following the advice of Sibbett Gregory decided to address the Planning Authority’s concerns rather than go to appeal and submitted a revised application with supporting evidence.
- After much negotiation the revised application was approved and the development has recently been completed.